BSI offers continuing education classes via workshops, one-on-one training, and internships. All of our courses offer CEs, CMEs and LCSW/MFT in most states. Our BCIA Neurotherapy Certification Program is accredited for the 36-hour didactic for certification.
Educational Courses Include:
- 3-Day Neurotherapy Certificate Program - which can be taken as part of the 36-Hour BCIA didactic that includes 24 hours of F2F and 10 hours online
- 3-Day Professional QEEG Program - prepare for QEEG certification
- 2-Day Advanced QEEG - with either Jay Gunkelman or Joel Lubar
- 2-Day Advanced neurofeedback - Go to the next level
- Ethics for Biofeedback 5-hour self-paced course
- 1 1/2 hour webinars throughout the year covering topics from QEEG interpretation of specific disabilities as well as LORETA, ERP and neuropharmacology
These and more coursework can be found HERE
Internship and Mentor Programs:
- The Internship Program is a training program, aligned with BCIA mentorship requirements, which is designed for new neurofeedback therapists. This program consists of a 2-week intensive on-site training, followed by an on-going mentoring program in a clinical setting. The Internship Program’s price is quoted based on your individualized needs for mentoring. For more information on the BSI Internship Program please e-mail or contact us at 925-416-1400.
- BSI mentors BCIA applicants onsite or remotely. Our mentors will sit in on your client sessions and provide your personal training in person or remotely and guide you as well as case conference individually or in groups.
We are accredited by APA, ABRET, BCIA and QEEGCB. Please check with your licensing Board to be sure you can take our courses and recieve CE hours.
We reserve the right to cancel courses with less than 3 people enrolled 15 days prior to the first day of the course.
COMPLAINT POLICY: Brain Science International is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. Brain Science International will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants.While Brain Science International works to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which will require intervention and/or action on the part of Brain Science International. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such complaints.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
1. If the complaint concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the complaint will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The CE Program Director will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
2. If the complaint concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the (CE Director) will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action during a workshop or conference, the (CE Director or his/her representative) will:
a. attempt to move the participant to another presentation or
b. provide a credit for a subsequent presentation or
c. provide a partial or full refund of the registration fee.
Actions 2b and 2c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping
purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
3. If the grievance concerns the business practices of [name of organization] CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Program Director or Administrator will attempt to arbitrate.
Course and conference registration fee is nonrefundable, however 75% of the fee may be applied to a future BSI event.
View BSI webinar recordings at your own pace. Inexpensive CEs. www.bsiwebinars.com
Neurofeedback Bibliography with abstracts. Last compiled Sept '14
TESTIMONIALS FROM REPORT USERS AND COURSE ATTENDEES:
"What an honor and privilege to be taught QEEG and LORETA by two of the most recognized and respected people in the field of EEG; Joel Lubar, PhD and Jay Gunkleman, QEEGD. BSI's small class size, coupled with hands on experience gave us real insight into the mechanics of using QEEG with clients. I now feel ready to go forward by incorporating these techniques into my practice."
- - - RI, LMFT, CNT Los Angeles, CA
"To date I’ve done over 300 Qs with BSI and compared to other services I’ve used, their reports are far superior and Jay is always available for discussion of each case. I have learned so much from Jay by discussing these cases with him."
- - - RJS, PhD, LCSW, BCB, BCN, Houston, TX
"I have found BSI's recorded webinars as an excellent resource to improve my neurfoeedback skill sets. BSI's webinars provide user-friendly access to leading applied and research experts within neurofeedback. In addition, my graduate students have purchased recorded webinar sessions; they reported this resource reduces the complexity of neurofeedback through cohesive and comprehensive trainings related to neurofeedback."
- - - JL, EdD, Assistant Professor Psychology, Illinois Institute of Technology
"Dr. Kerson is an excellent teacher and neurofeedback supervisor. She provides a warm and caring approach to learning the process as well as the content - even when it is difficult to understand. She has a great sense of humor, and makes the learning interactive and fun. More importantly, she really cares about her students and takes the time to be sure everyone is succeeding."
- - - SS, PhD Associate Professor UNLV